Here in this guide, I am going to share with you the usefulness of aka ms account settings to set up parental control on your Xbox game console. With the Microsft aka.ms/accountsettings you can adjust your console’s settings to suit your plan for your family.
With this, you can control yourself and your kids from accessing Xbox during weekdays. The settings give you options to control what people see, how to hide and unhide your Xbox profile, control your children behaviour while on the console, who they communicate with, have access to your game history and a lot more.
Luckily, there are two ways to access the https://aka.ms/accountsettings; you can access it on the official Xbox.com website and the Xbox game console.
What is https://aka.ms/accountsettings
https://aka.ms/accountsettings is a web page that enables you to manage your Microsoft privacy settings with Xbox after you have successfully set up Minecraft cross-play, accesses your history activities, accesses your privacy & online safety.
Xbox account settings provide quick access to configure who you can play games on your Xbox with, who can see your Xbox Gamertag, parental control over your kid’s Xbox account settings, and many more.
With the help https://aka.ms/accountsettings, you can allow or disallow share game clip, broadcast gameplay, create and join a club, share game outside of Xbox Live, Add friends using their Gamertags, join multiplayer games with the invite link,
How to Manage Xbox Parental Settings via the Official Web Portal on Xbox.com
We are starting with how to control your Xbox privacy on the official portal on www.xbox.com. So, let’s get started and follow the steps below.
- Open your web browser and go to www.xbox.com and sign in to your adult account.
- Tap on your “Profile Gamertag.”
- Tap “More >> Xbox Settings.”
- Tap on “Privacy & online safety.”
- Tap on “Privacy” or Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety and change the settings you want to control.
- Tap on the “Save” button.
That is how to control what you see and who sees your profile on Xbox and Minecraft.
How to Control your Child Privacy on Xbox
Here we will walk you through the aka.ms/accountsettings/privacy & online safety to control who can see your child profile, who your child can communicate with and what your child can access on Xbox. Here, you will be able to control whether to be able to download and install Minecraft PE or not.
- Sign in to your Xbox account using your parent account user.
- Go to the “Xbox account settings” under the “More” option.
- Tap “Privacy & Online Safety”
- Find and tap your child profile “Gamertag.”
- Tap on “Privacy” or ” Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab”
- Turn off what you don’t want your child to have access to and tap on the “Save” button.
- To finalize the settings, signout all account to prompt your child to sign in again to save changes on their account.
Now, once your kids re-login to their account the settings you reviewed will be effected.
How to Setup Parental Control on Xbox Console without aka ms Account Settings.
Microsoft provides similar access to what you and your kids can have access to on the Xbox console instead of going to https://aka.ms/accountsettings to access Xbox privacy and settings.
- Switch-on your Xbox game console and sign in to your account.
- Take your Xbox controller and press the “Xbox” button on the controller.
- This will launch the Xbox controller guide.
- Tap on System >> Settings >> Account.
- Navigate to “Privacy & online safety.”
- Tap on “Xbox Live privacy.”
- Tap “View Details & Customize.”
Here, you will be able to enable and disable Xbox features you don’t want to have access to on Xbox Live.
How to Setup Parental Control on Xbox Console. No need to go to “aka ms account settings” on Browser
As a parent, you can set up Xbox parental control to control who sees your child’s profile, who your child communicate with and the type of games your child can download and install on the Xbox console without your permission.
- Sign in to your account on the Xbox console.
- Press the “Xbox” button on the game controller to launcher the control guide.
- Go to Sustem >> Settings >> Account.
- Tap Family settings >> Manage family members.
- Select the child “Gamertag” you want to customize.
- Tap on Privacy & online safety.
- Tap “View details & customize.”
Repeat this for all children Gamertag in your account. With the settings above, you will be able to control and limit your child activities on the game console.
How to Enable Realms on Xbox Console
A lot of people have been complaining about the realms of recent and were unable to enable it. After this guide, the worries will become a thing of the past.
- Tap https://aka.ms/accountsettings to log in to your Microsoft parental account.
- Tap on the profile of the child you want to manipulate.
- Tap “Xbox One/Windows 10 Online” >> “allow” for “Join multiplayer games.
- Tap “Privacy” and choose whose communication to disable and who chat to enable.
- Tap the “Save” button.
How to Allow Permission to Child Data on Xbox App
The Microsoft Xbox app allows you to manipulate your settings without going to aka ms account settings site or on Xbox console.
- Launch the Xbox Microsoft app.
- Click on the “Xbox” button on the game controller.
- Tap on System.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap account >> family settings.
- Under “Family settings” tap on “Manage family members.”
- Select the “Gamertag” of the child to allow data access
- Navigate to “Privacy & Online settings.”
- Tap “App Privacy.”
- Allow permission.
When the above option is enabled on your child account on Xbox you will be able to control and change the account settings from default to customize and set up a parental control from the Microsoft Xbox app.
How to Change Privacy Settings on Microsoft Account
If you want to stop from sharing some personal information online using Microsoft account you can simply control it via the account settings. Therefore, here you will learn how to change privacy settings on Microsoft account and control what you share online.
Microsoft allows you to access and modify your “Privacy Settings” and also set up parental control on your kids’ account.
- Log in to your Microsoft live account.
- Navigate to your account profile page.
- Tap on the link next to “Share with.” This text link depends on your previous settings.
- This will popup the “Microsoft privacy settings page“
- Here you will be able to turn on and turn off what you don’t want to share online.
There other settings available such as controlling the Microsoft ads settings on your Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows mobile devices.
How to Change Windows Ads Settings in Microsoft Live
You have control over ads on your Microsoft live account. To disable the ads in your Microsoft account privacy and settings, follow the procedures below.
Windows 10 Microsoft Ads Account Settings
- Tap on the Windows 10 start button.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Tap “Privacy”
- Disable ” Let apps use advertising ID to make ads more interesting to you based on your app activity”
Windows 8.1 Microsoft Ads Account Settings
You can access this setup option in your Windows 8.1 following the procedures below.
- Hover your mouse pointer to the bottom-right edge of the Windows screen.
- Tap on the “Settings” option
- Tap on “Change PC Settings” on the left pane.
- Tap on “Privacy” next.
- Toggle the options button to disable ” Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps.”
How to Change Privacy Settings on Microsoft Account on Windows Mobile Devices
Here is a quick guide to change Microsoft account ads settings on Windows mobile devices.
- Tap on your Windows phone settings.
- Tap on “Privacy”
- Click on the “Advertising ID”
- Disable ” Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps.
How to Change Xbox Account Settings
Xbox allows you to change your privacy and safety settings on your account. If you have got something to change in your Xbox account settings here is how to go about it.
- Log into your Xbox account on the console
- Tap on the “X” button on the game controller to open the guide.
- Navigate to “System >> Settings >> Account.
- Go to “Privacy & online safety and tap on the “Xbox Live privacy.
- Tap on “View details & customize” to personalize your Xbox Live settings.
These settings will be effective across all the platforms that you can access via the Xbox game console which include Minecraft.