What we Discussed
Android OS is open-source. And a great addition to humanity from the Symbian era to the renowned Android OS with a lot of flexibilities and functions. But, despite the app nature and user-friendly interface the OS and its apps are built to function according to the will and wishes of the developers. That is why you will see can’t take screenshot due to security policy.
You will be wondering why you can’t take a screenshot on your phone of which you have been doing that before now. In most cases, Samsung users are faced with unable to capture screenshot prevented by security policy Samsung.
The issue of screenshot security policy is common on Samsung Galaxy S10 and S8. So, if you have either of these devices, you will see this message often when you want to take a screenshot.
Well, here in this article today, you will get to know why you see can’t take screenshot due to security policy” on your phone.
Meanwhile, it worth to note that “can’t take screenshot due to security policy” is not a virus and that does not mean that you can no longer take a screenshot on your phone. It, however, means that you cannot take a screenshot on the particular app or the phone screen settings prevent users from taking screenshots on it.
Why Can’t I Take Screenshot on Android Due to Security Policy?
You will see unable to take a screenshot if you are attempting the following on your Android phone.
- Taking a screenshot on app screen where you enter password and username.
- If the app developer doesn’t allow users to take a screenshot on the app you will see the error message saying you are not allowed to take a screenshot.
- Attempt to share Netflix login page with username and password could result to can’t take a screenshot.
- If the device screen settings prevent non-admin from taking a screenshot you will be restricted from taking a screenshot on the device due to the security policy.
- Android doesn’t allow users to take screenshots on Incognito mode either on Android or on Chrome browser.
Don’t Miss How to Unblock Someone on TikTok
How to Fix Unable to Take Screenshot on Android Due to Policy
If this error is due to security settings update you need to check for the available update and update to it.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Tap on “Lock screen and security“
- Tap on “Other security settings.”
- Tap on “Security policy update.”
- Tap “Update Now.”
Once the security updated is completed then you should be able to take a screenshot on your device.
Fix “Can’t take Screenshot Due to Security Policy” for Samsung Devices
Following the walkaround below you will be able to fix “Can’t take screenshot due to security policy” on Samsung S10 and S8.
- Swipe down the notification bar and tap “Settings.”
- Type “Screen Resolution” into the search and select it.
- Tap “Screen Resolution >> Smart Resolution.
- Hence, you should be able to take screenshots on your device now.
If this didn’t work, turn off “Smart resolution” and select “FHD+” under the “Manual” settings.
Meanwhile, if the error is you can’t take a screenshot on Samsung due to limited storage space, follow the walkaround below.
How to Fix Can’t Take Screenshot Due to Limited Storage Space
The steps to fix can’t take screenshot due to limited storage space on Samsung is simple and direct. Follow the procedures below.
- Open the “Google Play Store” app on your Samsung phone.
- Download and install “ES File Explorer File Manager“
- Open the “File Manager“
- Tap on “Internal Storage” on the home screen.
- Navigate the screen and locate the “Picture Folder.”
- Press and hold the folder and select “Rename” from the popup.
- Rename the “Picture” folder and tap “OK.”
- Then, the can’t take a screenshot will be cleared.
This approach does not delete your pictures on your Samsung, rather, it creates a new folder for your old picture which in turns allow you to take screenshots on the device.
These walkarounds should help you fix can’t take screenshot due to security policy” on all your Android devices including your Samsung Galaxy. If you are still facing any difficulty kindly leave a comment below for more information.