Cance your subscription before they charge you. Apple subscription grants your access to all Apple subscription package, this could be Apple music. However, if you are at a time that you can’t afford to renew your subscription here is a guide for you. Here in this guide, we will walk you through different approaches on how to cancel Apple Music subscription.
What is Apple Music?
Apple Music is a streaming service for all Apple users on iPhone or iPad and macOS, just all OS X devices in general to have access to premium music on Apple for a monthly or annual fee.
To subscribe to Apple Music cost a monthly fee of $9.99 except for students and family subscriptions. However, Apple gives a discount to all upfront payment. Apple music annual subscription cost $99 but will be $20 less if you are paying for a year package on Apple Music.
For students requesting for Apple Music have a privilege of 50% discount which cost each student $5 per month instead of the usual $10 per month, however, there are some basic requirements to meet to subscribe to Apple music student account such as school email address. And you must be from Canada or US
And as for Apple Music family plan; Apple stripped off a whopping 50% discount which in turn cost is $15 for three members, $25 for four, $35 for five, etc.
Just the way Apple Music have different subscriptions plan, Apple also has a different method to unsubscribe from Apple Music service. So, in this guide, we will walk you through a different approach on how to cancel Apple Music subscription.
How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription on iPhone/iPad (iOS)
To unsubscribe from Apple Music on iPhone or iPad or iPod follow the same approach and the steps are simple and straightforward.
- Tap on the “Settings” cogwheel icon on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Subscription” button.
- Tap “Active” to see your Active “Apple Music” plan you subscribed to. It is possible to see “Active and at the same time, “Expired,” depending on whether you have cancelled your plan.
- On the list “Tap” on the “Apple Music Subscription” tab.
- Scroll and tap “Cancel.”
- Tap “Confirm” from the popup.
At this point, your Apple Music subscription should be cancelled or unsubscribed. However, if you are using a passcode you might be asked to enter the passcode and unlock your device for the process to be completed.
How to Unsubscribe Apple Music on macOS
If you are using a macOS the process to unsubscribe Apple Music is the same, however, it depends on the OS version that you are using. For Catalina 10.15 macOS users, it requires you to visit the macOS Apple store. But, for old macOS devices other than the macOS 10.15, the process will walk you through how to cancel Apple Music via iTunes.
How to Cancel Apple Music on macOS 10.15
The steps to unsubscribe from Apple Music on macOS 10.15 will walk you through the process via the Apple store.
- Launch the “Mac Apple Store” and tap on “Sign in.”
- Enter your Apple Music username and password and log in.
- Tap on the “Profile Name” which is supposed to be your name.
- Tap on “View Information.”
- Navigate to “Subscription” and tap on “Manage.”
- Re-login to your account if prompted.
- Here, all list of active and expired subscription will appear. Find and tap on “Apple Music subscription.”
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription” and tap “Done.”
Now, on the “Manage Apple subscription” screen, you should be able to unsubscribe from the service.
How to Unsubscribe from Apple Music from iTunes
This approach works on old macOS Mojave to cancel your Apple Music subscription.
- Launch the iTunes app on your macOS Mojave.
- Tap on “Account” when you are logged into your iTunes account.
- Tap on “View my account.”
- Log in with your Apple ID username and password.
- Tap on “Settings >> Manage subscription.”
- Tap on “Apple Music” edit button.
- Tap on “Cancel” on the Apple Music management page.
- And tap “Confirm” from the pop to cancel your Apple active subscription.
With your Apple iTunes login and your Apple ID, you will be able to unsubscribe from Apple Music.
How do I Cancel Apple Music on Apple Smart TV
So, how do I cancel Apple Music subscription on Apple TV? If you own an Apple TV, you can unsubscribe from your Apple Music service you subscribed to.
- Switch on your Apple TV.
- Navigate to the settings with your remote control.
- Go to “User and account.”
- Under the name, tap on “user.”
- Tap on “Subscription” tab.
- Tap on “Apple Music Subscription.”
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
This will terminate your Apple music active subscription. However, this approach could be dicey as you will see both the current user and your account. So, you would have to choose the second option.