What we Discussed
You are in charge of your TikTok comments and posts. You can choose to delete it or leave it at any time. And you can even restrict comment on your post to stop people from commenting on your TikTok videos. With that in mind, you will learn how to delete a comment on TikTok in this guide.
When a user leaves a comment on your TikTok video it will appear at the bottom of the video. Only the user can delete it. You cannot delete a comment you do not leave on TikTok. But, you can stop people from commenting on your TikTok community videos.
How to Delete a Comment on TikTok
It’s easy to delete your comment on TikTok once you can locate the video you left the comment on.
- Launch the “TikTok” app on your phone.
- Locate the video with the comment you want to delete.
- Find your comment in the video. If there are multiple comments in the video, scroll through the video comments until you get to your comment.
- Press and hold the comment and wait until a popup option appears with an option to delete or copy.
- Tap on the “Delete” button from the popup.
- The comment will be deleted instantly without a confirmation message.
So, before you move to delete your comment on TikTok be sure that you want to delete the comment because there is no warning message asking to confirm that you want to delete the comment.
How to Copy a Comment on TikTok
You can simply copy and paste the comment on TikTok if you don’t want to type the comment again on another video. For example, if you want to leave the same comment on two different TikTok videos, you can copy the comment from the first video and paste it on the second video.
- Launch the TikTok mobile.
- Tap on the “Comment” button on the video.
- Press and hold your comment and select “Copy.”
- The comment will be copied and you can paste it wherever you want to paste it.
The above step is how to copy a comment on TikTok.
How to Turn Off Comment on your TikTok Video
TikTok allows you to block people from commenting on your TikTok videos without making your TikTok account Private.
- Launch the TikTok app and Log in to your TikTok account.
- Tap “Me” to the bottom right to go to your TikTok profile.
- Tap on the “Hamburger” to the top right.
- Tap on “Privacy & Settings.”
- Tap on “Privacy & Safety.”
- Tap on “Who can post comments.”
- Tap “Off”
This will turn off comments on your TikTok videos.
How to Stop a Friend from Leaving a Comment on your TikTok Videos
There is no way to stop a friend from leaving a comment on your TikTok videos without unblocking the TikTok username. So, if you are interested in blocking a friend from leaving a comment on your video, you need to add the friend to your block list.
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Tap on the more option to the top right.
- Tap on “Followers”
- Click on the TikTok username of the friend you want to block from leaving a comment on your TikTok videos.
- Tap on the 3-dots opposite the “Follow” button.
- Tap “Block” and confirm that you want to block the friend from the popup.
Once the friend is blocked, all your TikTok videos will be hidden from the user and will not be able to comment on them until you choose to remove the username from your block list.
Don’t Miss: How to Unblock Someone on TikTok
How to Block Hateful Comment on your TikTok Video
You can block users from using particular keywords as a comment on your TikTok videos. This includes shameful words and adult statements.
- Open TikTok and tap “Me”
- Tap “Privacy & Settings >> Privacy & Safety”
- Tap “Comment Filters”
- Enable “Filter spam and offensive comments”
- Tap “Filter Keywords”
- Tap “+” on “Add Keywords”
- Enter “Keyword” per line
All the keywords you entered will be removed from all your TikTok videos and neither you nor the owner of the comment will be able to see the comment with those keywords again.
How to Report a Comment on TikTok
TikTok allows you to report an offence comment on your video or other videos. So, if you find a comment offensive you can report the comment to the appropriate department.
- Go to the offensive comment on the TikTok video.
- Tap on hold the comment and tap on “Report”
- Choose the category the comment belongs to and follow the instruction to report the comment.
Once the comment is reported, TikTok team will take the necessary step to remove the comment and probably flag the TikTok account.
How to Delete a Comment on your TikTok Video
All TikTok users have total control over their comment on TikTok. However, TikTok does not allow you to delete a comment that doesn’t belong to your on the platform.
This is different from Facebook where you can delete comments that are left on your post if they are against your terms and conditions.
TikTok comment policy doesn’t now allow users to delete a comment on TikTok videos on behalf of the TikTok user if you are not the one left the message.
Will my Comment be Visible Once I Deleted it?
No! Once you deleted your comment on the videos you comment on it’ll not be visible to others. You can leave a comment on the same video again since there is no restriction that once you deleted a comment on a video you can no longer leave a comment on it again.