This is a post for Redditors willing to delete their account on Reddit permanently. If you are willing to close your Reddit account here is a guide for. Reddit has been a great community for millions. Reddit is a world on its own with millions of user daily and new accounts are being created daily. However, if you are no longer willing to comply with Reddit privacy and policy, you may want to in turn close your account on Reddit. So, here in this guide, I will walk you through how to delete Reddit account.
Reddit offers room for users to deactivate Reddit account instead of deleting the account. The reason is that once you deleted your Reddit account the approach is irreversible. The account will be removed from the database completely.
But, when you choose to deactivate Reddit account, you are still a Redditor and all the subgroup you belonged to will be intact and nothing will happen to them.
So, whichever decision you choose to go with; whether to delete your Reddit account and end your journey as a Redditor or deactivate your Reddit account so that you can come back to it later, here is a post for you.
What is Reddit Karma?
Reddit uses Karma to measure the level of users contributors. So, the higher the Karma the higher your level on Reddit. Reddit Karma determines the level of users influence in Reddit community.
To earn more Karma on Reddit you must contribute meaning to the platform either bu posting or by commenting on posts on Karma to earn upvote from the community users.
How to Delete Reddit Account on New Interface
It simple and straightforward to take down your Reddit account on the new interface. Therefore, we will walk you through how to delete account on Reddit using the new interface on PC.
- Go to the Reddit official site on your phone or computer browser.
- Tap on the sign-in button and log in with your Redditor username and password.
- Tap on your Reddit profile name and select “My Settings” from the drop menu.
- Scroll down the page and tap on “Deactivate Account” to delete your account.
- You will see Reddit message bidding you farewell. Enter your Reddit username and password. Check on “I understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable” and tap “Deactivate.”
- Another warning message will appear that you can not reverse the procedure to delete your Reddit account. To continue with the activation tap on “Deactivate.”
That is how to delete a Reddit account on the new design. The approach is a bit simple, almost the same though, to delete your Reddit account using the old Reddit Design.
How to Delete a Reddit Account on Old Design
If you are kind of glue to the old Reddit design you can still delete your account. So, here is how to delete a Reddit account using the Reddit old design.
- Visit https://old.reddit.com on your web browser to access the old Reddit design.
- Tap on “Preference” to the top-right opposite the user profile icon.
- Tap “Deactivate” on the navigation bar.
- Enter your Redditor username and password. Give the reason why you are deactivating your Reddit account, check
- Now, your account will be deactivated without warning.
The sole difference between deleting your Reddit account on the new design and the old design in that; the new design warns you when you hit the deactivate account button. But, the old Reddit design deletes the account instantly without warning.
How to Delete Reddit Comments and Post
Reddit is unlike other social media or communities where deleting your account automatically delete all your activities on the platform. When you hit delete Reddit account, it only deletes your account leaving your comments and posts on Reddit untouched.
Therefore, to delete Reddit comments and posts, you manually need to delete all comments and posts before you proceed to delete your account under the profile settings.
Links to Delete Reddit Account
Reddit has a specific link to delete Reddit account on the new and old Reddit design. So, whichever choice you make the link below redirects you to point to take down your Reddit account.
- Reddit New Design:
- Reddit Old Design: https://www.reddit.com/prefs/deactivate/
How to Delete Reddit Comments and Posts
Since Reddit will not delete your comments and posts after deleting your Reddit account, then, you need to delete them before deleting your Reddit account.
- Log in to your Reddit account.
- Find the post or comment to delete.
- Tap on the (…) icon below the comment or post to delete.
- Tap “Delete” from the popup options.
- Tap “Delete Post” and confirm the action.
- A warning message will appear that this cannot be undone.
Repeat the same process to delete all your posts and comment on your Reddit account, delete them before you proceed to delete your Reddit account.
How to Delete Reddit Account on App
Here is the step by step procedure to delete your Reddit account using the official Reddit app.
- Launch the Reddit app on your Android or iPhone.
- Log in to your account. It must be the account you want to delete.
- Tap on the profile picture to the top right.
- Tap on the “Settings” cogwheel gear icon to the bottom left.
- Navigate to “Support” and tap on “Help FAQ.”
- Type “Deactivate” into the search box and hit the search button on your keyboard.
- Tap on “How do I deactivate my account” from the search result.
- Tap on the “this link” in the highlighted colour and follow the instruction on the screen to delete your Reddit account.
The means to delete your Reddit account on your Android or iPhone app is a bit technical. But with this guide, you should be able to delete Reddit account on App.