What we Discussed
There is no delete button in the Reddit app to delete your Reddit account on mobile. That means you cannot delete Reddit account on app permanently as it used to be on Reddit desktop. However, if it has ever occurred to you to delete your Reddit account the approach you want to take is to deactivate your account.
When you deactivate Reddit account and didn’t access it over a period of time the account will be deleted. This approach is still not available on Reddit mobile app. However, the option to delete Reddit account permanently on mobile is beyond using the mobile app.
If you want to take some time off Reddit you can just leave the app unattended to rather than closing down your account.
Whichever your decision on your Reddit account, here is a quick means to deactivate Reddit account and delete the account permanently after a while.
Before your Delete Your TikTok Account
You are responsible for all comments, link, and posts you shared on Reddit before and after deleting your Reddit account. However, if you don’t want to keep your contribution on Reddit, you first need to delete all contributions that you have made on Reddit before deleting your account.
How to Delete Draft Posts on Reddit
To delete draft posts on Reddit follow the steps below.
- Log into your Reddit account.
- Tap on “Create Post” at the top of your home feed.
- Tap on “Draft” located at the top right of “Create a post” screen.
- Tap on the “Trash” icon to delete.
- Tap “Confirm.”
Repeat the approach above on all your Reddit draft posts to delete them.
How to Delete Comment on Reddit
All deleted comments on Reddit cannot be undone either by the moderator or Reddit administrator.
- Log in to your Reddit account ( PC).
- Tap on your profile picture to the top right.
- Click on “My Profile” >> Comments. This option will take you to all comments you are made on Reddit.
- Navigate the “Comment” you want to delete and tap on the (…) option.
- Tap on the “Delete” button.
To delete all comment associated with the Reddit account you want to delete, repeat the process to delete Reddit comment on all your comments.
How to Delete a Post on Reddit
All the post you made on Reddit will not be removed even after you have removed your Reddit account. All the post will be made available without the author name, therefore, you should take up the steps to delete them one after the other before you proceed to delete your Reddit account.
- Log in to your Reddit account.
- Tap on “My Profile >> Posts.” This will bring up all the posts you have submitted on Reddit.
- Tap on “…” at the bottom of the post to delete and tap on “Delete” button from the pop-up.
Since you cannot delete all Reddit post at a time, the process to delete Reddit post above must be executed on all your posts on Reddit.
Don’t Miss: 192.168.0.1 Admin Login
How to Delete Private Message on Reddit
At the moment, there is no way to delete a private message on Reddit using the Reddit mobile app. However, to execute this method, you must log in to your Reddit account on your computer (Reddit.com).
- Log in to your Reddit account.
- Tap on the “Private message” icon.
- Tap “Delete” under the message you want to delete.
From the above steps before you proceed to delete your Reddit account will leave no trace of all your participation on the platform. This implies that once your Reddit account is deleted or deactivated, there will be no posts, comments, draft posts, and messages left undelete on your Reddit data or details.
How to Delete Reddit Account on App [Mobile]
This approach to delete Reddit account required the official Reddit app to be installed on your phone, Android or iPhone. To download the official Reddit app for Android or iPhone, go to your app store, search for “Reddit”, download and install the app on your phone and then follow the procedures below to deactivate and delete your Reddit account using the official app.
- To delete your Reddit account open the official Reddit mobile app.
- Sign in to the Reddit account you want to delete.
- Tap on your Reddit Profile picture to the top right.
- Tap on “Settings >> Help FAQ.
- Type “Deactivate” into the search box and click on the search button.
- Tap on “How do I deactivate my account.”
- On the new interface tap on the “coloured “this link”
- Reddit builtin browser will open the link. Log into your Reddit account.
- Type your Reddit username and password, check “I understand that deactivated account are not recoverable.”
- Tap on “Deactivate Account.”
- A new popup will appear warning you that the action is irreversible, to continue tap on “Deactivate.”
Once this is confirmed Reddit will remove your account from the platform.
Note: All deleted Reddit account cannot be re-registered and the process cannot be undone.