What we Discussed
Dark Mode is no longer new in the world of internet, social media and phone apps. A lot of top companies have joined the bandwagon to add the feature to their apps to make it more comfortable for users to be able to use both their sites and apps at night. We have seen the likes of Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and recently, Facebook joined the train and introduced “Facebook dark mode” to switch from light screen to dark screen at night for easy surfing.
How to get dark mode on Facebook should be simple and easy but it’s not as easy as we all expect. However, Facebook rolling out dark mode on the platform appears sequential. When dark mode came to Facebook on desktop and mobile apps such as iOS and Android were on the waiting list.
And the messenger got the dark mode from Facebook isn’t quite long. Whichever Facebook platform you are glued to whether the Facebook web or Android or even the Facebook messenger, this post will explain in details how to get the Facebook dark mode activated on it.
How to Get Facebook Dark Mode on PC [Windows and Mac]
Mark and his team keep coming up with a new design to make the Facebook platform easy to access and more fun with new features.
With the new feature on Facebook, you can switch to “New Facebook” design any time soon and this doesn’t make the dark mode on Facebook easily accessible.
To enable dark mode on Facebook on a PC depends on the Facebook design version you are using. In most cases, you’d need to change from the classic design to the “New Facebook” to access the new dark mode.
If you are part of the few to enable and disable the dark mode on your Facebook account, tapping the drop menu will unveil the feature to enable dark mode on your Facebook account.
- Visit Facebook.com on your browser.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Tap on the drop menu located at the top right and toggle the option to turn on dark mode.
- Watch the grey button turn green as your Facebook theme changed from light them to dark theme.
How to Get Dark Mode on Facebook App
If you are running an outdated Facebook app on your Android or iOS [iPhone/iPad] the dark mode will still be missing. So, to start with, you first need to update your Facebook app to the latest. Meanwhile, in most cases, Facebook popup notifications that you need to upgrade to the new version if there is an update available. If you have been skipping it, then, you need to manually update the app.
Update Facebook App on Android
Typically, Android users can download and install the latest Facebook app for the dark mode feature to be added.
- Launch the Google Plau store app.
- Tap on the hamburger icon to the top right.
- Tap “mu apps & games.”
- Tap on “Facebook” and tap “Update.”
Wait for the update to download and install on your Android phone.
Update Facebook App on iPhone & iPad
Following the procedures below, you will be able to update your Facebook app to the latest version on your iPhone/iPad.
- Launch the iPhone apps store.
- Find the Facebook app from the list. You can also search for it using the search box.
- Tap on the update or get button.
- Unlock your iPhone if you are prompted to. Follow the instruction on the screen to download and install the latest version on your phone.
Now that you are running the latest Facebook app with the new features and version here is how to turn on the dark mode feature.
Android & iOS
Follow the procedures below to turn on Facebook dark mode.
- Launch the Facebook mobile app. Log in to your account if you are not logged in.
- Tap on the “Hamburger” to the top right.
- Tap on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap on the “Dark Mode” grey icon.
- Once the feature is enabled the light them will change to a dark theme.
Although, this feature appears to be missing on the iPhone at the time of writing this article. There is a possibility that the feature will come to the iPhone and iPad anytime soon.
How to Get Dark Mode on Facebook Messenger
Facebook messenger already got the dark mode feature under the profile settings and here is how to about it to enable it. Please be sure that you are running the latest Facebook messenger app.
- Launch the “Facebook Messenger” app.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Tap on “Dark Mode” under your profile name.
- Instantly, the light them will change to dark.
The Facebook dark mode isn’t globally rolled out. So, if you are not seeing the feature to turn on Facebook dark mode on messenger app it could mean that the update is yet to get to your region.
Force to Get Facebook Dark Mode on iPhone & iPad
If the feature to enable Facebook dark mode on your iPhone or iPad is missing then follow this to force turn it one.
- Go to your iPhone iOS settings.
- Tap on “Display & Brightness.“
- Tap on “Dark Mode.” This feature on your iOS force dark mode across your entire iOS apps including the Facebook app.
- To turn on iOS dark mode based on schedule, switch on the slider close to the “Automatic” option and select between “Sunrise to Sunset.” This will automatically turn on the device light theme when the sun is set and return to dark mode at the appropriate time based on your schedule.
- Now, to switch between “Dark and Light” mode navigate to the “Control Center.”
- Tap on the option to “Customize Controls.”
- Go to “More Control” and tap on “Dark Mode.”
- Once the dark mode feature is enabled in the control centre it will add the option to turn on and turn off the dark mode feature to the control centre.
This seamless approach enables iPhone global dark mode option which you can easily switch between in the control centre. So, you can easily toggle between the options to turn on and turn off dark mode.
The Facebook dark mode isn’t globally available. Some regions are yet to receive the update. So, if you are still missing out this feature in your Facebook app or region, you can use the feature to force the dark mode feature on your iPhone.