What we Discussed
Today I am going to unveil how to link Microsoft account to PS4 console in this step by step tutorial using https://aka.ms/remoteconnect to be able to play your games on your PS4 such as Minecraft or Fortnite with your friends online using their Gamertag.
When both your Microsoft and PS4 game console are linked together it will allow you to play the game with friends and family online or with other players that you know their Gamertag.
However, the basic requirements are;
- Microsoft Live account.
- PS4 console.
What is https://aka.ms/remoteconnect
https://aka.ms/remoteconnect is a Microsoft portal enables people to play Minecraft at home with devices except for the one they own.
Aka.ms/remoteconnect portal makes it easy to play Minecraft on PS4 and Nintendo Switch. However, to play on any non-Microsoft device, users need to have a valid Microsoft account to play other people on their devices with Microsoft devices. You can create the Microsoft Live account for free if you don’t have one.
Microsoft allows Minecraft players to play the game on various devices such as the PS4, Switch, a Windows PC and Mac or even on smartphone Android or iOS devices. Although, Microsoft account isn’t needed to play Minecraft it’s needed to link to other Minecraft players on Microsoft with the help on the Microsoft Gamertag.
To be able to play the Minecraft game with other players, such as their colleagues who have the Minecraft game installed on their Xbox One or Xbox 360 the user must log in to their Microsoft account for the activation code and visit https://aka.ms/remoteconnect to link the two devices together.
How to Create Microsoft Live Account
If you do not have Microsoft live account you need to create a new one. This is required to link your account to the PS4 game console and play Minecraft remotely on the device with your friends.
- Open your browser and visit login.live.com
- Tap on the “Sign Up Now” button.
- Fill the user form with your personal information.
- Check to agree with the terms and condition and tap “Create an account.”
Microsoft will attempt to verify your identity by sending your account verification code to your phone. Confirm that you are human and you will be able to log in to your account.
How to Link your Microsoft to your PS4
Following the procedures below, you will be able to link your Microsoft account to your PS4.
- Switch on the PS4 game console.
- Open the “Minecraft” game on it using the PS4 controller.
- Sign in to your Microsoft Live account.
- Take note of the “8 digit code” to link both your Microsoft and PS4 together.
- Open a browser on your phone or PC and go to https://aka.ms/remoteconnect
- Sign in to your Microsoft account (the one we created above).
- Enter the remote connect activation code.
Follow the on-screen instruction to link up successfully. Now, you will be able to find and connect with your friends using their Gamertag.
Check out this article on how to cross-play Minecraft on PS4.
How to Clear Minecraft Games that are not Working
If the Minecraft game isn’t working on your PS4 after you have linked your Microsoft account with it, this should be of help.
- Open the Minecraft on your PS4
- Navigate to the Settings >>System settings.
- Tap on the Storage on the new interface
- Tap “Game Storage” to open all files that are stored on Minecraft.
- Remove all files in Launching the Minecraft.
This will refresh the Minecraft and you should be able to link up with your friends now.
How to Find Friends on Minecraft
The purpose why you are searching for how to link Microsoft Account to PS4 is to be able to find friends on Microsft to be able to play Minecraft with them remotely.
- Launch the PS4 game console.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Tap on the “Play” option on the Homescreen.
- Tap on the “Friend” tab to the left side.
- Tap on “Add Friend.”
- Enter the “Friend Gamertag” and hit the search button.
- Add the friend once the result comes up
To link up with your friend on PS4 to play Minecraft make sure you entered the correct Microsoft Gamertag.
The only external resource that you need on how to link Microsoft account to PS4 is https://aka.ms/remoteconnect. And with this guide, you should be able to link up with your friends using their Gamertag and play Minecraft remotely on your PS4 console.