If you noticed a foul play on your Zoom account or you forgot to log out on a friend’s phone you can log out on your device using the “Zoom logout on all devices” in your account. Logout Zoom on all devices is a feature that automatically logout Zoom account on all devices that have been logged in except the device you are currently using.
Logout all devices on Zoom helps to revoke your access from all the devices that you have logged in and forgot to log out from. This feature is most important if you noticed that someone else is using your Zoom account because you forgot to logout on the device.
Although, Zoom 2FA improves the security level of your account when enabled. This security added an option to enter code each time you go to Zoom login page to access your account which can also help to protect zoom account even when forgot to logout from the other end. Here is a step by step guide on how to setup and enable 2FA on Zoom.
How to Logout Zoom on All Devices on Web
Here you will learn how to logout your Zoom account on all devices using the Zoom “Sign Me Out From All Devices.”
- Go to the official Zoom website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to “Personal >> Profile” on the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap “Sign Me Out From All Devices” opposite “Signed-In Devices.”
- Tap “OK” from the pop-up that says “Sign Me Out From All Device.”
- Zoom will end all session and sign out your Zoom account on all devices that you have logged in and forgotten to logout. Tap “OK” to re-log into your Zoom account.
- This will log out your Zoom account on all devices.
Zoom uses this as an escape route if your Zoom account has been compromised without setting up the 2FA to protect your account from untrusted users. However, once you have logged not you need to change your Zoom password for security reason and set up 2FA.
How to Change Zoom Password
After you have logged out your Zoom account on all devices you need to proceed to change your account password. However, there are two ways to change the Zoom password. You can use the “Forgot password” feature or edit Sign-in password in your Zoom account.
Following the procedures below you will be able to change your Zoom account password within your account settings.
- Log in to your Zoom account using your Zoom username email and password.
- Tap on the “Profile” option either on the left pane under “Personal” or tap on the profile icon” located at the top right. This approach is similar for both free basic and upgraded Zoom account.
- Scroll down half-way until you see “Sign in Password” and tap on the “Edit” button that is opposite.
- Type the “Old Password” and the “New Password”, confirm the password that you want to use and click on the “Save” button.
- A pop up will appear that this will logout your Zoom account on all devices. To proceed tap on the “OK” button.
That is it. Whether you use the “Zoom forgot” password feature or you signed in to change your Zoom password you will be logged out on all devices.
How to Sign-out Zoom on All Devices using Desktop Client
Zoom desktop client allows users to start and join meetings directly from within the app without accessing the Zoom web. The Zoom client app is seamless and easy to use. However, it lacks some features such as the feature to edit Zoom profile.
When you navigate to the Zoom settings and tap on edit zoom profile you will be direct to the Zoom web to edit and make corrections to your profile.