Here in this guide, you will learn how to text on TikTok without phone number and all for free. With the TikTok app, you can send a message on TikTok to your favorite artiste or celebrities or you want to chat with your friends on TikTok? This article will hint you on the simple steps to take on how to kick your shot in the right approach to text people on TikTok.
Here in this guide, you will not only learn how to DM on TikTok without a phone number, but you will also learn how to send messages to people on TikTok. With the TikTok direct message, you will be able to DM your friends, followers, and comment on TikTok videos.
As it’s, TikTok is gradually turning to a messenger where you didn’t need to move out to send direct messages. No charges. However, you may not be able to send messages to some TikTok users if such a user blocked you from sending messages to him or her.
Who can Send Messages to me?
This is one of the reasons why you can’t send direct messages on TikTok. It’s simply because the user disabled TikTok messages or selected only friends to send messages and not all.
- Log in to your TikTok account
- Click on the 3-horizontal lines to the top-right
- Click on privacy and settings
- Tap on privacy and safety
- Go to safety and click on “who can send messages”
- Select everyone
How to Send a Message on TikTok without Phone Number
Here is a quick guide you need to follow on how to send text on TikTok without a phone number. Here you will not be charged for sending messages to your friends or followers on TikTok.
Note: Before you can send texts on TikTok without a phone number the person must be on your friend list.
- Launch the TikTok app
- Click on the head-gear icon
- Click on the notifications icon
- Click on contacts
- Click on the TikTok friend’s username
- Click on the message icon ( You can also click on the message icon in the contact section)
- The Tiktok text box will appear
- Type the message you want to send
- Click on the send button
The message will be sent directly to the user. And the user will be able to reply to your Tik Tok message.
How to Text Emojis as a Message on TikTok
If you are an emojis and emoticons freak you can send it as a message to your friends as a text rather than just commenting on their TikTok posts.
- Go to your TikTok account
- Go to your followers or following list
- Click on the username of the follower or friend
- Click on the message icon
- Click on the EMOJI icons
- Tap on the emojis to send
- Click on the send message
You can also send GIFs if you don’t want to send emojis.
How to Text on TikTok Without Phone Number
There is no how to text on TikTok without phone number. TikTok is not like WhatsApp that allows you to send texts to phone numbers you do not save on your phone.
If the number is not saved on your phone you cannot send a message or DM or text to the owner of the contact except if the person is one of your followers on TikTok or you are following the person on TikTok.
Meanwhile, if you saved the contact on your phone and the person blocked you on TikTok you will not be able to send a text to the person. However, to unblock someone on TikTok refer to this guide for help.
How to Send a Message on TikTok without Following
Following the steps below you will be able to send a message on TikTok without following. The easiest approach is to go to the user’s video on the TikTok homepage and follow the procedures below.
- Launch the TikTok app on your phone.
- Find the video the user uploaded. You can find this on the homepage or go to the user’s profile page.
- Tap on the video to open it. It’s not necessary to play it.
- Tap on the share button.
- Swipe to the left on the first navigation and tap on “others.”
- Select the “TikTok message” icon from the list.
- On the next page, you will find the uploader and recent interaction with the video.
- Now, tap on the user’ and a pop-up message box will appear.
- Type the message and click on the “send” button.
The message will be sent to the person without following. Meanwhile, if you have sent a message to the TikTok user before and the user has decided to block you, the message will remain pending until you are unblocked.
TikTok DM Under 16
The new TikTok rule doesn’t allow TikTok users to DM users under 16 years of age. This major turn around on TikTok is to help parents control what their children under the age of 16 are exposed to via a private DM. This is the first time a major social media platform will be blocking DM under 16 globally.
At 16, TikTok considered you a teenager so you cannot DM on TikTok and you cannot receive a DM from other TikTok users globally.
You have to wait until you are 18 or use your parental TikTok account to DM to the TikTok user.