What we Discussed
If someone is invading your privacy on TikTok you can simply block them using the TikTok block feature. Here in this guide today, you will learn everything on blocking and unblocking someone one TikTok which includes but not limited to how to unblock someone on TikTok, how to view block list, and how to unblock yourself on TikTok.
Block and unblock TikTok feature is equivalent to phone blacklist to restrict particular TikTok users from send or receiving messages from you. When you block someone on TikTok, you will not be able to send TikTok DM to the person and the blocked user will not be able to send message to you either.
However, blocking someone on TikTok doesn’t remove the person from your TikTok followers or hide your TikTok videos from the person, rather, it blocked the person from sending messages to you on TikTok and you too cannot send direct DM to you.
Meanwhile, whether you unblocked the TikTok users this doesn’t stop the person from reacting to your TikTok video. So, in this guide, you will learn how to unblock someone on TikTok and other TikTok blocks related issue.
How to Block Someone on TikTok using Username
If there is a particular username you want to block on TokTok just follow the steps below.
- Open the TikTok app on login and log in to your TikTok account.
- Tap on “Discover” after the home button and before the “+” centre button on the TikTok homepage.
- Enter the username of the TikTok user to block and select it from the TikTok suggestion list.
- Tap on the username again if the suggestion is more than one.
- Tap on the “More” option opposite the “TikTok” follow button.
- Tap on “Block” from the pop-up screen.
- To add the username to your TikTok block list tap on the confirm button.
You will see the users have been blocked. And all the user’s video will be hidden from you. You will only have access to his followers and friends that the user is following.
How to Block your Follower on TikTok
It’s possible that you do not want to go through the stress of search for TikTok username to block the user. If you discovered that the user you wants to block is on your friend list you can easily block the user directly from your TikTok profile.
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Tap on the “Me” button that is located at the bottom right.
- Tap on the “Followers” button on the profile info.
- Tap on the “Follower’s name” for more information.
- Tap on the “3-dots” opposite the “Follow” button.
- Tap on “Block” from the pop-up screen.
- Tap on the “Confirm” button to block the user.
You need to repeat the process to block more users.
How to View TikTok Block List
How many people have you blocked on TikTok? Here is how to view your block list on TikTok.
- Launch the TikTok app on your phone.
- Tap on the “Me” button to the bottom right.
- Tap on the “Hamburger” to the top right.
- Tap on “Privacy & Settings” from the expansion.
- Tap on “Privacy and safety” under the settings.
- Scroll down the page and tap on “Your block list.”
You will be able to view and unblock users at this point. You cannot unblock them all at once but you can unblock them one after the other.
How to Unblock Someone on TikTok
You can access all blocked users on TikTok and as well unblock them to reignite your interaction with them. And here is how.
- Launch the Tiktok app and sign in to your account.
- Tap “Me >> Hamburger” option to the top right.
- Click on “Privacy & Settings” under “Balance.”
- Under “Account” tap on “Privacy & Safety.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Your Blocklist.”
- Tap on “Unblock” opposite the blocked username.
- The user (s) will be unblocked.
Once the user (s) is unblocked you and the user will be able to interact and see each others’ video.
How to Unblock Someone on TikTok Web
It looks like TikTok web is still under construction as a lot of features are still missing. You can only upload videos to TikTok using the TikTok web. At the moment, there is no “how to unblock someone on TikTok web” and you cannot change your TikTok profile using the web platform.
How to Know if Someone Blocked you on TikTok
If you have a friend on TikTok that you normally interact with, send DM to, like and watch his video, and all of a sudden you were able to find the users video and your message no longer deliver, then, you may have been blocked. And here is how to know if someone blocked you on TikTok.
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap on the “Discovery” button.
- Type the friend username.
- If the name doesn’t appear on the list it means that you have been blocked.
Alternatively, go to your TikTok followers’ list and search for the friend’s name. If the name has disappeared it means that the friend has blocked you. Another way to know that someone has blocked you on TikTok is that you will no longer be able to tag or mention the person in your TikTok posts and comments.
How to Unblock Yourself on TikTok
To unblock yourself on TikTok isn’t possible. And the only way to unblock yourself when you sense that you have been blocked is to contact the TikTok user outside TikTok and ask the person to unblock you.
This is unlike WhatsApp where you can easily unblock yourself without losing your contact list.
In summary, to unblock some on TikTok you need to go to “TikTok app >> discover >> find username >> tap on it >> tap unblock. Or just go to your TikTok profile >> account settings & privacy >> tap on block list >> tap unblock opposite the username.
This post is how to unblock someone on TikTok, how to view TikTok blocklist, and how to add someone to TikTok blocklist. If you need more help just leave a comment below and we will be glad to help.