We are considering how to unlock home screen layout on different smartphones. This will not be limited to a particular phone. We will step by step find and share with you how to disable home screen layout on your smartphone.
Meanwhile, before we proceed, let me quickly enlighten you on what Homescreen layout on Android phone does or represent when locked.
What is Home Screen Layout
Home screen layout on Android and iPhone is a feature on your phone to help arrange your phone apps. It gives you the option to choose how you want your home screen apps to be arranged with options to lock the home screen app so that it cannot be rearranged without unlocking the locked home screen feature.
The home screen layout feature is different from one device to the other and tools that are used also different from manufacture to manufacture. For instance, Samsung Galaxy uses TouchWiz for home screen layout, Infinix uses XOS launcher, and like that.
When home screen layout is locked you will not be able to drag and drop or move apps from one spot to the other.
How to Unlock Home Screen Layout on Samsung
Samsung S8, S9, S10, and other model users should follow the steps below to unlock or disable home screen layout on their Samsung devices.
- Press and hold empty space on your Samsung screen.
- Home screen layout will appear under “Home screen settings.”
- Scroll down to “Lock home screen layout.”
- Toggle the blue button to unlock it.
Once the lock button has been turned off, press the “Home” button to go back to your Samsung Home screen and your locked Samsung screen layout will be disabled.
Don’t Miss: How to Authorize Xfinity
How to Unlock Home Screen on Redmi
For Redmi 2, 3, 4 and 5 Android users, to disable or unlock locked home screen on your phone that is preventing you from removing or repositing your apps follow the steps below.
- Open your Redmi Note phone menu settings.
- Click on “Home Screen”
- Scroll down to “Lock Home Screen Layout.”
- Toggle the “Blue” icon to grey colour to unlock it.
With the setup above locked home screen layout on your Redmi Note and other models will be unlocked and you will be able to remove, delete, and reposition any app without limitation.
Home Screen Layout Locked on Huawei
With Huawei, home screen layout locked you will not be able to move or remove apps from the device screen. And if you look forward to taking control of your phone screen, follow the procedures below to edit and unlock it.
- Press and hold your Huawei home screen.
- Click on “Home Screen Settings” to the bottom right.
- Find “lock layout” option to toggle the icon.
Now, you should be able to remove and reposition apps on your Huawei phone.
Unlock Home Screen Layout Locked in Oppo
Oppo phones are at the moment, unlike some other Android phones that support the press and hold on the phone screen to show layout settings. To unlock Oppo home screen layout locked you’d have to go through the phone settings and here is how…
- Go to your Oppo phone settings.
- Scroll down and click on “Home screen & wallpaper.”
- Click on “Home screen layout.”
- Find the “locked” button and toggle on it to unlock.
You can change the home screen layout from here to reduce or increase the number of apps and screen grid to suits your need.
How to Unlock Home Screen Layout on LG
From the home screen of your LG smartphone, you can disable the screen layout. Here, I will share with you how to unlock locked LG home screen layout.
- Press your LG home screen for about 3 seconds.
- Click on “Home Screen Settings.”
- Find the “Locked” button to see if it turned “On”
- Toggle it to turn it off.
All Android phones have (almost) similar approach to unlock home screen layout when you press and hold an empty space on the screen. The above steps and confirmed and they work as explained on each brand.