Fortnite 2FA is a new Epic Games security layer. This feature adds another security options to protect the Epic Games account. This could be on Xbox or PS4. So, whichever device that you play Fortnite game. This guide will walk you through how to enable Fortnite 2FA on PS4, how to enable Fortnite Epic games on Xbox and how to enable 2FA on https://fortnite.com/2FA.
What is https://Fortnite.com/2FA
https://epicgames.com/2FA is a web directory to enable the two-factor authentication on Epic games account. When you are settings up the epic game 2FA, you will be prompted to log in to your Epicgames.com account and enable this security layer.
What is 2FA
You want to ask what is 2FA and why Fortnite choose to add 2FA to the game security layer.
2FA is a second security layer (2 factors authentication) that assist users from protecting their account apart from using the primary security login such as password or passcode.
This is used to protect online accounts from unauthorized access whereby code will be sent to the phone number you provided as SMS or to the email address. In some occasion, you will receive a call confirming that it’s the account owner that is trying to access the account and the confirmation code will then be dictated over the phone.
But, if you want to generate your 2FA code yourself, you can download and install the multi-factor authentication app for the particular service that you want to set up its 2FA.
Types fo Fortnite 2FA
Fortnite offers three types of “Two-factor Authentication” and these are;
- Email authentication.
- SMS authentication.
- App authentication.
When you choose Email 2FA, Fortnite will send your security code to your email address. If your choice is SMS, Fortnite will at every point you attempt to log in to your Fortnite account send a verification code to your phone number. But, with the authenticator app, you will be able to generate the code yourself on your phone.
How to Enable Fortnite 2FA
To enable epic games 2FA is simple and straightforward. Here, you will get to know how to enable Fortnite.com 2FA on https://fortnite.com/2fa.
- Visit https://www.fortnite.com/2fa on your browser.
- Enter your Epic games login [username and password].
- Navigate to “Security & Privacy.”
- Navigate to “Two-factor authentication.”
- Choose the “2FA” option you prefer to use [Authenticator app, SMS authentication, and email authentication.]
- If enable “Epic game 2FA SMS authentication” Enter your phone number and country code and tap on “Send Code.”
- Enter the “Epic Games” verification code and tap ” and tap “Activate.”
- If you choose to enable “Fortnite 2FA email authentication tap on “Email authentication.”
- Log in to your email address.
- Copy and paste the security code
- Tap “Continue.
- To enable Epic games 2FA on mobile authenticator app tap on the “Authenticator app” option.
- Tap “Authenticator App” to download and install the app on your phone.
- Launch the app on your smartphone.
- Log in to your Epic games account.
- Tap on “+” for the security code or “QR Code.”
- Go back to the Epicgames.com/2fa on your phone browser and enter the security code.
- Tap on “Activate”.
- The Fortnite 2FA will be activated on your Epic games account.
However, while this is done via the official Fortnite games portal. You can follow a similar approach to enable 2FA on Xbox and how to enable 2FA on PS4.
How to Turn on 2FA on Fortnite using https://fortnite.com/2fa video
The video below covers how to enable Fortnite 2FA using https://fortnite.com/2fa or https://epicgames.com/2fa.
How to Enable Fornite 2FA on Xbox
When you enable your Xbox one or Xbox 360 or even the S series 2FA it controls all installed games on the console. Therefore, here we will walk you through how to enable Fortnite 2FA on Xbox console.
- Log in to your Xbox Live account. You can do this on your Microsoft account.
- Navigate to “Security & Privacy.”
- Tap on “More “Security options.”
- Navigate to the “Two-step verification” option.
- Tap on “Set up two-step verification.”
- Choose the best option that best defines the option to use.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to enable it.
This is how to enable Fortnite 2FA on Xbox.
How to Enable Fortnite.com/2FA on PS4
To enable 2FA on Fornite on PS4 is simple and straightforward. Just follow the steps below.
- Switch on your PS4 and open the console internet explorer.
- Use the virtual keyboard and visit “https://fortnite.com/2fa.
- Tap on the “Sign-in” option.
- Enter your Fortnite or Epic game login username and password and log in.
- Navigate to “Security & Privacy”
- Scroll down “Two-step authentication.”
- Choose the authentication option and follow the instruction on the screen to complete the setup.
How to Enable Fortnite.com/2FA on Nintendo Switch
If you can access the hidden browser on Nintendo switch you can enable Fortnite 2FA via the browser and here is how.
- Open the Nintendo Switch browser.
- Type “https://fortnite.com/2fa” and click enter.
- Choose your Epic Games login option.
- Log in to your account with your username and password.
- Navigate to “Security & Privacy.”
- Scroll to “Two-factor authentication” and choose either SMS or Authenticator app or Email.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to enable the feature.
Epic games put all security measure in place to make sure that hackers do not have unnecessary access to your Fornite account.
Fortnite 2FA not Working
If the Fortnite 2FA is not working it means that the date on each device is not synchronized. For Fortnite 2FA code to work correctly on your device make sure that time and date on each device are exact and correct.
An in most cases, due to the wrong time and date you will likely see “Incorrect login credentials.
How to Unlink Nintendo Switch from Fortnite Epic Game
You can only link one Nintendo Switch account to your Fortnite Epic game after which you will not be able to add another account even after you unlink the Nintendo account. So, before you proceed to link Nintendo Switch to Fortnite Epic game you must make sure that it’s the exact account that you wanted to link.
To unlink Nintendo Switch from Fortnite Epic game, visit the official Epic game webpage on https://www.epicgames.com/account/ on a computer or laptop and tap on the Nintendo Switch icon to sign in to the Nintendo Switch account you want to unlink.
Sign in with the email and password of the Nintendo switch and agree to the Fortnite Epic game user terms and condition. If the Nintendo Switch account is automatically created, you will be asked to enter the Nintendo switch email address and name on display.
Navigate to the list of connected devices on your Epic game account which you can see on the left side of the user-profile page. Find the Nintendo Switch logo and tap on “Disconnect” below it. You may be asked to verify the email address you want to unlink, just do so.
To the final step, you may be asked to confirm that you are not a bot and accept that all your data will be lost when you unlinked your Nintendo Switch account.
Now, the account should be unlinked and a “Connect” button should appear under the Nintendo Switch logo. To link your Nintendo Switch to your Fortnite again and enable Fortnite 2FA on https://fortnite.com/2fa you must use the same Nintendo Switch email address as before.