Xfinity is a digital cable, internet speed provider and home phone service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. The entertainment company requires authorization to work on different platforms such as Roku, Android TV, and other supported devices. To activate Xfinity on your choice of device is simple.
Xfinity has a unique website to activate your device with a unique activation code on the authorization website on www.xfinity.com/authorize.
Therefore, here in this guide, I will detail how to authorize Xfinity.
www.xfinity.com/authorize is Xfinity sub-domain website to activate and authorize Xfinity on smart and supported devices. You can access the website on your phone or PC using your phone or computer browser and enter the Xfinity activation code from your TV screen and follow the instruction on the screen to activate and authorize Xfinity on the chosen device.
Supported Roku Versions
Xfinity has a list of Roku devices that Xfinity supports that you can authorize on. You can get the Xfinity and TV service app once on the following Roku model once the Xfinity and TV service is activated.
- Roku TVs: A000X, C000X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X
- Roku Streaming Media Players:
- Roku Ultra (4340X, 4660X)
- Roku Express (3700X, 3900X) and Express+ (3710X, 3910X)
- Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X) and Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X)
- Roku 2 (4210X only), Roku 3 and 4 (4200X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X)
- Roku Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+: 3600X, 3800X, 3810X
- Roku Sound Bar: 9100X
Requirements to Activate Xfinity on Roku
The following are the basic requirement to install and activate Xfinity stream app on Roku.
- A minimum firmware of 8.1 or higher is required.
- Xfinity stream channel will not show if the device is not eligible.
- If you have one or two Xfinity account linked to the same device, unlink one or set a primary account to be able to activate the Xfinity on the device.
- When you want to authorize Xfinity on your Roku, you may be asked to re-accept the terms and conditions to proceed if there are updates available for your package or Xfinity account.
How to Connect Roku to the Internet
To activate Xfinity stream app on Roku first connect your Roku TV to the internet following the procedures below.
- Press the “Roku Home” button.
- Select “Settings” on the page using the navigation button.
- Hover to “Network” and select it.
- Now, select “Set up connection.”
- Select either “Wired or “Wireless” depending on your internet connection source.
- Scan for the list of available Wi-Fi and select your WiFi from the list.
- Enter the network password and click on “OK” to connect.
Now, once your Roku TV device is connected to the device, follow the procedures below to authorize your Xfinity on your Roku.
How to Authorize Xfinity on Roku
There are two things that are needed to authorize and activate Xfinity on Roku Channel. These are:
- Xfinity streaming channel app.
Now, with that in mind, follow the procedures below for your Xfinity authorize on Roku guide.
- Go to your Roku Channel and open the “Xfinity Channel” app.
- Click on “Sign In” menu that is located to the top right.
- Take note of the “Xfinity Activation Code” on your Roku Channel screen.
- Go to https://www.xfinity.com/authorize on your browser [Phone or computer].
- Enter the “Activation Code” on your Roku TV screen and click on the “Continue” button.
- Enter your Xfinity username and password and click on “Sign In.”
- You will see “You’ll see a Success! message. The screen of your Roku or Roku-connected device will soon update.”
- The Xfinity terms and conditions will appear on your Roku device or the device that you connected to your Xfinity device. Read through [if you care] and click “yes” to proceed or “No Thanks” to start the activation process all over again.
- Give your device a name and click on the “Confirm” button.
- The Xfinity app will load the streaming device menu and you will be ready to explore the platform on your TV screen.
To keep using Xfinity on your Roku device or connected device, always keep your subscription active else you will be disconnected.